It’s been months since the incident between Will Smith and Chris Rock at the Oscars. However, details related to the incident continue to emerge. Recently, Chris Rock reportedly shared with a crowd that he was invited to return to the show next year, but this time as host.
According to the republic of arizonaOn Sunday night, Chris took the stage at the Arizona Financial Theater in downtown Phoenix when he reportedly shared that he’s received an offer to return to the Oscars next year as a presenter. However, he told the audience that he turned down the offer and compared returning to the awards show to someone returning to a crime scene.
The local paper went on to share that Chris referenced the OJ Simpson murder case and said that going back to the Oscars would be like asking Nicole Brown Simpson to “go back to the restaurant.”
The newspaper also shared that Chris briefly discussed the incident during his time on stage and shared how much it hurt him, saying:
“He is bigger than me. The state of Nevada would not sanction a fight between myself and Will Smith.”
Also during his performance in Phoenix, Chris also shared that he received an offer to do a Super Bowl commercial, but turned that opportunity down as well. It was not mentioned which brand approached him about the commercial.
What previously reported, last month Will Smith made his first on-camera appearance since the incident at the Oscars and issued another apology to Chris Rock.
In a video that was shared on his social platforms, Will said: “I was baffled at that point. It’s all blurry. I walked up to Chris and the message he got is that he’s not ready to talk, and when he is, he will. So I’ll tell you Chris, I apologize, my behavior was unacceptable and I’ll be here when you’re ready to talk.”
It is not yet known if the two have spoken to each other since Will’s last apology.
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94