Back in July, Latin star Ricky Martin faced accusations of sexual abuse by his own nephew, after the two were alleged to have had a sexual relationship. In the end, Ricky won the case against his nephew, after the restraining order that had been filed was withdrawn. Now Ricky has filed a $20 million lawsuit against his nephew following the allegations.
According to documents obtained by TMZRicky filed the lawsuit against his nephew Dennis Yadiel Sánchez Martín on Wednesday in San Juan after he says his nephew is trying to “assassinate” his reputation. Ricky claims that after the restraining order was lifted, Dennis began messaging him on Instagram threatening to “assassinate his reputation and integrity” unless he handed over some money.
Ricky claims that before the restraining order, Dennis bragged about being his nephew and used to flood him with various messages for four months. Ricky claims that it was obvious that the messages were made by a “misfit individual”. Things reportedly continued to get worse as Ricky claims Dennis posted his phone number on social media and even created an Instagram account for one of his children.
Ricky says that he has lost a lot because of the false accusations made by Dennis and now he wants at least $20 million to make up for what he has lost. He went on to share that Dennis has made him and his family feel “unsafe” in Puerto Rico, and is asking a judge to declare that Dennis refrains from contacting him and his family.
What previously reported, in July, Dennis dropped the charges against Ricky after accusing him of sexual abuse and harassment, and dropped the restraining order he filed against the singer.
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94