MadOverBrand
Young Thug's attorneys seek to have case dismissed on technicality

State to call 300 witnesses during Young Thug RICO trial

The state of Georgia says it will call 300 witnesses during young thug Y gunnaRICO trial, which will likely require months of testimony, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The trial of the two Atlanta rappers and 26 other defendants will begin in Fulton County in January.

Prosecutors had recently filed a motion to delay the trial until March, but the judge denied the motion on Thursday.

Prosecutors had recently filed a motion in an effort to delay the trial until March, however Superior Court Judge Ural Glanville denied that motion on Thursday, the outlet reports.

The state had said it could take three and a half months to complete the call of all witnesses during the trial, and Judge Glanville posited that it will likely take about six to nine months, according to George Chidi, a reporter for the atlanta goal.

Chidi was in court Thursday and revealed that sheriff’s deputies arrested a bystander in court for allegedly having a phone in court.

Social media expresses shock at state’s intention to call 300 witnesses for YSL RICO trial

Reactions to the news circulated on social media, with many expressing shock at the large number of witnesses the state plans to call.

They got 300 witnesses who are calling in that RICO case against young thug and YSL. They’re making sure he never gets out of prison. How many years have they been building this case? one person tweeted.

Another wrote: “They are definitely pulling random people off the street to testify against young thug 300 people? No fucking way.

“Yuck. They’re cooked,” a third tweeted. “🤦🏾 try to fry these guys man… 300 witnesses?” another commenter noted.

The news comes just a week after Hugger’s lawyers filed a motion to dismiss the case on a technicality.

What the shadow room As exclusively reported last week, Young Thug’s attorneys are seeking to have his RICO case dismissed on a technicality, accusing the district attorney of filing “false” and “false” grand jury subpoenas while the rap star continues to languish in the Cobb County Jail in Georgia.

On November 3, Brian Steel of The Steel Law Firm, representing Thugger, filed a motion to dismiss all charges against his client because prosecutors abused “their authority by using a bogus Grand Jury subpoena.”

Thug’s lawyer says “fake” rental car citation evidence should be thrown out, along with the charges against him

Thug, whose real name is Jeffery Williams, was denied bail this summer and will remain behind bars until at least 2023 while his case is adjudicated.

Essentially, Steel’s motion to dismiss accuses the district attorney of issuing a subpoena in April 2016 to recover a rental car they alleged was used for the crimes Thugger is charged with.

Steele says the subpoena “was not issued or authorized by any lawfully or properly appointed judge, clerk, or grand jury.”

The motion went on to say that the “false” and “false” grand jury subpoena was served on both Thug and Hertz, which was used to force the company to turn over crucial information about a car leased in Thugs’ name.


See also  Charlie Brown to 'Succession' – Deadline
Previous Post
Cast of 'A Christmas Story': Where are they now?
Quick Updates

Cast of ‘A Christmas Story’: Where are they now?

Next Post
Latin Grammys 2022: Rosalía & Rauw Alejandro Match on Red Carpet
Quick Updates

Latin Grammys 2022: Rosalía & Rauw Alejandro Match on Red Carpet