Love to go outing and camping during vacations with family or friends? If yes, then buying a truck bed camper will help you enjoy your camping experience. You can easily Spend your quality time through the comfort with these truck bed campers.
Truck bed campers are kind of sleepers that are attached to trucks, cars so that you can easily sit, sleep, and enjoy it. It is a recreational vehicle made for adding more fun and enjoyment to your camping experience. You can easily attach and detach the sleeper portion according to your requirements. These truck bed campers are known by a variety of names like demountable campers, slide-in campers, cab-over campers, pickup campers, etc. So, don’t get confused if you hear anyone of this name.
Choosing the right truck camper can be a difficult task. Which truck camper will be best for you entirely depends on the purpose for which you want the truck camper? Here in this post, we have listed a variety of truck campers available online. You can easily analyze them and choose the right one. After mentioning these products there is also a truck bed camper buying guide which could help you decide which truck camper is for you.
Just in case you are in hurry, Here is a shortlist of 5 Best truck bed campers
Best truck bed campers
Many huge brands are providing best-of-class truck bed campers. Some of the best truck bed campers from these brands are listed here:
Bestop Toyota Tacoma
- Uses same premium fabric as our Supertop for Jeep CJ and wrangler with zip outside panels; Optional tinted window kits available
- Improved frame and hardware for easier installation and operation
- Uses Bestop's original Belt Rail attachment system for secure mounting more tools
- Supertop for truck designed for both protection of cargo in the bed, but with easy collapsibility of the convertible top
- 2-year limited warranty
These bed campers use the best quality fabric for making the super top and for the side panels. These side panels have zippers that allow them to be removed when required. For better installation and use the manufacturer has provided improved frame structure. For secure mounting, the truck bed camper uses a Bestop original BeltRail attachment system. The top of this truck camper is designed to hold a 6” inch bed. It is available in full-size and mid-size truck bed applications.
Guide gear truck tent
- TURN YOUR TRUCK INTO A CAMPER – Turn your truck into a camper in just a few moments with the Guide Gear Truck Tent for Camping. This truck bed tent provides a fast and comfortable shelter anywhere. Sleeps 2
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT – Our compact truck tent is lightweight and perfect to be kept in your car. It comes with a heavy-duty, weather-resistant polyester carrying bag that makes it very convenient for travel and storage
- FITS MOST FULL-SIZED BEDS – The full-size truck tent for camping fits most truck bed mattresses measuring 79-81" with the tail gate down. Pickup truck tent for Chevy, Ford, GMC, Nissan, Toyota, and more full-sized pickups
- WATER-RESISTANT COATING – Made of 190T polyester with 1500mm water-resistant coating, this truck tent camper comes with a full rainfly to keep you totally dry. Mesh windows for ventilation and sewn-in polyethylene flooring
- SUPER EASY TO SET UP – Easy to set up with 4 total poles that deploy quickly and fit securely to your vehicle make the right full-size bed tent easy. Fully enclosed, it will let you take your campsite anywhere with you
This truck tent takes the truck bed campers to the next level. You don’t have to waste much time in deploying this bed camper. With its fast and comfortable shelter, you can easily enjoy your camping view. For making this truck bed camper among the quality ones it is created with excellent ventilation and adaptable options. You just have to tie 4 poles and your truck bed camper will be ready. It is coated with water-resistant material so that rain doesn’t spoil your experience. The large D-door makes it easy to move in and out. You can easily fit full-sized beds within it.
Bestop Black Diamond truck camper
- Uses same premium fabric as our Supertop for Jeep CJ and wrangler with zip out side panels; Optional tinted window kits available
- Improved frame and hardware for easier installation and operation
- Uses Bestop's original BeltRail attachment system for secure mounting
- Supertop for truck designed for both protection of cargo in the bed, but with easy collapsibility of convertible top
- 2 year limited warranty
The bestop uses the best of quality fabric for making this truck bed camper. With its flexible frame and hardware, you can easily install it on your vehicle. The BeltTrail security attachment helps in achieving secure mounting of the truck camper. It is easily collapsible so that you can collapse it when it is not required. The company provides 2 years guarantee at the time of purchase. Its zippers increase the flexibility of the truck bed camper.
Rightline truck camper
- UNIQUE FLOORLESS DESIGN: Cut down on set up time; the Truck Tent's floorless design allows for set up without removing gear from the bed.
- 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY: Shop confidently; our service team is based in the USA & skillfully trained to help you with any questions or concerns.
- QUALITY WEATHERPROOF CONSTRUCTION: Water resistant fabric with tape sealed seams (PU 2000mm) keeps you dry, while the Tent's heavy duty straps and nylon buckles won’t damage your truck's finish.
- SLEEP UNDER THE STARS: Sky view vent allows for more light, better views and ventilation.
- ROOM FOR TWO: All truck tents comfortably sleep (2) adults; turn any spot into a comfortable campsite!
This truck camper is uniquely designed with floorless design. This helps you easily move out of the bed without removing the gear. The fabric used for making this truck bed camper is waterproof and is tape sealed. This helps you keep the camper dry even in rains. So your camping won’t get spoiled due to rain. The duty straps and nylon buckles are constructed in such a way that they don’t leave any mark or dents on the vehicle. With its enhanced ventilation, and better views you can enjoy the star night during camping.
Sportz truck bed camper
- This roomy tent sleeps 2 people with over 5.6 feet of headroom and is the only truck tent on the market with a sewn in floor
- Large rear access panel allows you to access the truck's cab for additional storage while the large entrance door, 2 mesh windows and side vents allow for great ventialtion
- No need for guide ropes. The 4' x 4' shade awning secures to the tailgate allowing it to be set-up anywhere
- Color coded pole and sleeve system allows for a fast, easy set up
- Includes a set of strap protectors to provide your truck with extra protection against the tent’s straps and a expandable carrying bag for storage
This is one of the best truck bed campers with a capacity of letting 2 people sleep comfortably. It is the only truck camper that has a sewn floor. With its large entrance, you can easily move in and move out. For proper ventilation, it has two mesh windows and side vents. For easy installation, this truck tent has a sleeve system with color-coded poles. The accompanying set of strap protectors provides an extra layer of protection to your truck bed tent. With its rear access panel, you can easily access the truck storage.
Sportz Avalanche truck tent
- Roomy tent sleeps 2 people with over 5.5 feet of headroom and features a sewn in floor
- Color-coded, shock-corded fiber glass poles for a fast and easy set up
- 1 large entrance door and 1 rear access door lets you enter the truck's cab through the tent
- 6- by 6-foot awning extends off the tailgate creating plenty of shade
- Includes 2 interior pockets and gear loft; carry bag for storage
The shock-corded fiberglass makes the installation of this truck bed camper easy. The color-coded approach used for designing the ports of the truck tent makes it look attractive. It can easily accommodate 2 adults together. The headroom is more than 5.5 feet. For providing you a soothing shade the truck tent has 6×6 foot awning extends over the tailgate. The truck tent also has two pockets in its interiors and gear loft.
Kodiak truck tent
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable. Compatible models include the Ford F Series, Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram, Toyota Tundra, and Nissan Titan.
- Tunnel shaped design maximizes interior space tall 5 ft. ceiling height.Tailgate down design expands useable space
- Large D-shaped door with top of the line YKK zippers.Covered entry.Two convenient gear pockets
- Sturdy, 3/4-inch, steel tube frame connect to the clamp-on rails that easily mount on truck bed for secure fit.All-season use year-round, but not designed for heavy snow accumulations
- Five windows provide excellent ventilation and openness, includes cab access window
This truck bed tent is the most durable option in the list. Hydra shield and cotton duck canvas make the truck tent durable. The tunnel shape design of the truck tent makes it spacious from inside. For effective utilization of the space, the tailgate is designed in such a way that it expands from the downside. The entry to the truck bed tent is covered with a large D shaped door and YKK zippers. For better ventilation, it has 5 windows.
Napier Full-size truck tent
- 2 large windows offer optimal ventilation
- Large interior area with ample headroom.Floor Material:Polyethylene
- Full rainfly provides ultimate weather protection, along with additional storm flaps covering the windows and doors
- Country Of Origin : Bangladesh
With a 5.6 feet headroom, this truck tent is one of the spacious options on the list. It features a sewn floor so you don’t have to worry about cleaning the floor of the vehicle before placing this truck tent. For easy access to the truck cab, it has a rear access door. With its sleeve system and color-coded pole, you can easily install the truck bed camper.
How to choose the right truck bed camper?
There is no universal best truck bed camper. It depends on the purpose and your requirements. But it does not mean you can pick any truck bed camper. Only the one which is best for you can make your camping experience memorable. Thus, to make your camping adventure an exciting one we have provided a list of factors which you should consider before choosing any truck bed camper.
The purpose for buying the truck bed camper
Truck bed campers are made for incurring an exciting camping experience. But these camping experiences also vary. Ask yourself-following questions before buying a truck bed camper:
- Which truck bed camper would serve your purpose – a popup small truck tent or a slide-in one?
- A soft walled truck tent would be comfortable or a hard-walled?
- What features do you require in a truck bed tent?
- How many people will be camping together?
- What is the height of the camping bed you have?
- What are your storage requirements?
Popup vs. hard side truck camper
The truck campers fall into two broad categories. One is the popup truck campers and the other is hard side truck campers. Both are entirely different in construction.
Hard side truck campers are similar to a motorhome. It can contain all the amenities that are present in the house including toilets, microwaves, kitchen, cooktops, seating area, cabover bedrooms, storage areas, etc.
Whereas the popup truck campers are made for camping while traveling. These are made with vinyl fabrics. These fabrics are waterproof and can be easily attached to your vehicle. Although you have to check the model number with which they are compatible. They are lightweight and are cheaper than hard wall truck campers. So according to your budget, requirement, and purpose, you can choose between the two.
Camper construction type
There are broadly two ways the hard truck campers are constructed. One is the use of a wood frame and the other one is an aluminum frame.
The truck bed campers created with wood frames are built with wood and coated with aluminum sheets. These truck campers are durable and flexible but are much heavy and prone to damage due to water.
The truck bed campers created with aluminum frames are coated with fiberglass. These aluminum truck campers are lightweight and more durable than the wood frame truck bed campers. The only drawback with such truck campers is they are difficult to repair. You can buy any one of them according to your suitability and according to the duration you want to keep the same truck bed camper.
The bottom line
Truck bed campers are ideal for camping anywhere without the need of accommodation services at the place. You can just park your vehicle in woods, beaches, seas and can enjoy the view without any trouble. All you need is to have the best truck bed campers. Many brands are providing these truck bed campers in different price ranges. Here in this post, we took an initiative to provide you with a list of best popup truck campers. They are easy to install and are available online. Thus, you can easily plan your camping adventure by sitting at home.
If you wish to buy a hard wall truck bed camper then you can buy the ones provided by Lance Campers, Alaskan Campers, and Capri campers. These are some of the best brands providing high-quality hard wall campers.
We hope that you found this guide useful and handy for planning your camping adventure. Keep shopping.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API